We support you through the whole Help to Buy Process using hand selected mortgage brokers, solicitors and surveyors.
Help to Buy Mortgage Brokers
Exclusive Help to Buy mortgage products with independent advisors who have access to the whole of the mortgage market - not just one mortgage lender. Book an mortgage appoint here.
Specialist Help to Buy lawyers able to lead you through the complex process of buying your new build leasehold property. We provide Fixed Fee quotes protected by a No Sale No Fee. Get a FREE quote by clicking here.
We have a network of Local RICS surveyors ready to inspect your property to identify potential snags which can cost thousands of pounds to repair. We provide detailed reports and prices you can afford. Book your RICS Property Survey here.
Help to Buy is a Government initiative to boost home ownership for first time buyers and consists of a number of schemes. There are two main Help to Buy schemes, both of which enable you to buy a property with as little as a 5% deposit. The two different types of scheme are:
Help to Buy: Equity Loan (including Help to Buy London)
This scheme applies to New Builds. You need at least a 5% deposit and the Government gives you a loan of up to 20% (or 40% for Help to Buy London) of the purchase price, then you secure of mortgage of up to 75% (55% for Help to Buy London) to cover the rest.
NB The Equity Loan scheme is set to run until 2020.
Help to Buy: Mortgage Guarantee - this scheme covers existing homes as well as New Builds. You need at least a 5% deposit and fund the rest of the purchase with a 95% mortgage. The Government guarantees to cover 15% of the mortgage with the lender in the event of you defaulting on repayments.
NB The mortgage guarantee scheme is set to end on 31 December 2016.
Equity loans are available to first time buyers as well as homeowners looking to move. The home you want to buy must be newly built with a price tag of up to £600,000.
You won’t be able to sublet this home or enter a part exchange deal on your old home. You must not own any other property at the time you buy your new home with a Help to Buy: Equity Loan.
What about the Help to Buy ISA?
The Government has also created an ISA aimed at encouraging people to save for a home deposit. You can save up to £200 each month and for each £200 saved, the Government will add £50, as long as you save more than £1,600.
The maximum you can save is £12,000 to which the Government will add the maximum £3,000. You only get the bonus if the money is put towards a house deposit. Click on the following to find out more - Help to Buy ISAs explained
Want help with Help to Buy?
We provide the complete home moving service including solicitors and surveyors. Our experienced Help to Buy solicitors will aid run as smoothly as possible. Get your free online fixed fee conveyancing quote then one of our experts will contact you according to the details you provide.
The different ways you can Share a Mortgage
Sharing the cost of buying a property with someone else can make it more affordable.
Find out how you can share buying your home with your family, friends or like-minded people in your area in our first time buyer community.
Want to try renting together before buying together?
Search our community of renters who are looking to share renting with you before looking to buy.
We work with all of the Housing Associations in London and throughout England including A2 Dominion, Catalyst Housing Group, Family Mosaic, Genesis Housing Group, The Guiness Trust.
Find out more about the shared ownership process from our team of specialists.
Help to Buy schemes explained including Help to Buy Guarantee Scheme, Help to Buy Equity Loan & Help to Buy London
Find out more about the Help to Buy and get specialist help from property lawyers
Do you have the right to buy your property from the council or housing association?
Find out about the right to buy process from conveyancing specialists
Free access to our mortgage calculator, monthly budget planner, stamp duty calculator, conveyancing and survey instant quotes
Share a Mortgage has updated its website in compliance with the
EU Cookie Legislation.
Please review our policy to find out about which cookies we use and what information we collect on our website.
By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our policy.